Did you know that there are more than 2.4 million divorces in the United States? And that’s every year!
And in over 72% of those divorces, the couple is either selling a house, or buying on, or BOTH!
There are many nuances to working with couples in divorce that are unlike any other real estate transaction. Heather is a Real Estate Special Commissioner for the Superior Court of Maricopa County, specializing in helping couples sell of real estate to help finalize their divorce.
Look for a Realtor that has skills that you’d expect of every Realtor- but also shows herself to be sensitive, remains neutral and non reactive. You want experience, marketing skills, good communication and strong financial sense. Its helpful that she understand the court system and related paperwork if issues come up.
There’s lots of great advice on my podcast.
Please listen here:
“Divorce & Real Estate” July 17, 2016
Heather Kay, interviewed by Debbie Lang, The Voice of Real Estate
- Things You Should Know About Divorce in Arizona
- IRS Publication 523: Selling Your Home
- Divorce Preparation & Divorce Coaching
- The Economic Impact of Divorce on Women (audio)
- Social impact of divorce and widowhood on women
- Since My Divorce
- How to Jumpstart Yourself for Love, Happiness and Financial Success
- Your Keys to Moving On by Joan Rogliano
- FINDING LOVE OVER 50 by Cassie Zampa Keim
- Innovative Match Cassie Zampa Keim